Update on Precautions for COVID-19
It is undeniable–the world is in a crisis situation. As people stock up on supplies and food, we must also take stock of our practices, a vital resource for staying centered through this difficult time. Now more than ever we must come together as a community, in person or in spirit, and take necessary steps to ensure the well being of all.
I have been monitoring the COVID-19 situation around our country for the past month. Practices have already been put into place to ensure that the studio is a place of well-being physically as well as emotionally and spiritually. I am keeping up with reported cases in our area as well as following updates by the CDC daily. Here are some of the things we are doing:
- The studio is being cleaned daily.
- Teachers are pitching in to help wipe down door handles and light switches after each class
- Straps and blankets will be washed and cleaned after each use
- CDC recommendations are being followed for cleaning
- I am following updates from the City of Columbia, the State of Missouri, the CDC and WHO
Here are some essential things you need to know and what you can do to ensure the health of our yoga community:
- In order to ensure cleanliness and safety, we will not longer provide yoga mats as of SATURDAY, MARCH 14. Please bring your own yoga mat to practice
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds using hot water and soap
- As we will wash all straps and blankets after use, consider bringing a scarf, belt or strap as well as a blanket to class. Consider bringing your own yoga blocks.
- Spread out. Most classes are attended by 15 people or less. Take a little more space around your mat.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, using flexed elbow or tissue and discard used tissue
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Do not come to class if you feel sick
- Give elbow bumps rather than hugs
- Stay up to date on changes by checking the website, our Facebook page and email updates
At this time our classes and events will continue to take place. If the situation changes you will be notified. We are preparing for every scenario. and deeply committed to ensuring the health and well-being of everyone both in Columbia and around the globe. We are all in this together.